Role Playing Frenzy
Have you logged in yet? If you're new, why not register!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Role Playing Frenzy
Have you logged in yet? If you're new, why not register!
Role Playing Frenzy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cbx

A Century

2 posters

Page 2 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down

A Century - Page 2 Empty Re: A Century

Post by Aluraune Sun Jun 20, 2010 5:26 pm

Aluraune sighed, the guilt already hitting home, and he wasted no effort on trying to hide it.

"I apologize Asema. I do not mean to be aggressive," he paused, only for the slightest moment, debating over whether or not to make the next admission,
"And I'm sure you noticed that it is not the easiest for me to cope with your presence." His eyes flashed a deep shade of crimson, for only the slightest moment, and he released the pommel of his sword, bringing his palm over his eyes.

"I...I am only having a hard time coping."
Aluraune
Aluraune
Lieutenant

Character Skeleton
Name:

Back to top Go down

Post by FICTION Sun Jun 20, 2010 5:30 pm

Asema sighed gently. She would advance; comfort him, the way she wanted, but she wasn't so cruel as to tease him that much. "It's... how you'll practice control, Aluraune. It's for your own good. The simple fact that you're not strong means if I challenge you, you'll become stronger. 'What doesn't kill you makes you stronger', right? Come on, you think like a human, you should know," she teased, a small smirk toying on her lips.

Last edited by Green Day. on Sun Jun 20, 2010 6:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
FICTION
FICTION
The Grammar Nazi

Back to top Go down

Post by Aluraune Sun Jun 20, 2010 5:34 pm

His lip twitched again, he could contain himself no longer. Suddenly he drew the sword off of his right hip, tossing it towards Asema's hand at the same time as he drew the sword from his left. He needed a way to sublimate the pull in his veins, the pull on his body. Without a second thought, he swung the blade down, smirking in return.

"I see how sharp your tongue is; now show me how sharp you have kept your hand, Asema!"
Aluraune
Aluraune
Lieutenant

Character Skeleton
Name:

Back to top Go down

Post by FICTION Sun Jun 20, 2010 5:38 pm

Asema caught the sword instantly. Fighting with swords was not her best area, but she had been trained moderately and would do her best. She held the sword correctly, taking a bow moments after.

Though she was not a buffoon with the instrument, it showed after a few jabs that her tongue was much sharper then any sword she could hold.

Last edited by Green Day. on Sun Jun 20, 2010 6:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
FICTION
FICTION
The Grammar Nazi

Back to top Go down

Post by Aluraune Sun Jun 20, 2010 5:42 pm

Grinning triumphantly, Aluraune made a sharp slash with his ebony blade and knocked the blade from his opponent's hand, the force behind his fist knocking her to the ground and sending the blade spinning. As he had hoped, the red tint faded from his vision, and he felt his body slowly return to its state of calm.

He stood for a moment, looking down at Asema, and slowly extended a hand, speaking casually, his smugness betraying him.

"You're right; whatever doesn't kill you surely makes you stronger, as I'm sure you just learned, my friend."
Aluraune
Aluraune
Lieutenant

Character Skeleton
Name:

Back to top Go down

Post by FICTION Sun Jun 20, 2010 5:49 pm

Asema took his hand, a bit taken off guard, but none-the-less impressed. "Well, you're quick with your sword and I'll give you that. But even in your triumph and proper vernacular, my tongue is sharper."

But instead of making this statement irritate him, for she knew he was calmer, she added in, "We make quite the team." And she truly believed it true as she reached down, flipped the sword, then handed it to him, the handle toward him and the blade grazing her skin- though she was careful enough not to let it draw any blood.

Last edited by Green Day. on Sun Jun 20, 2010 6:42 pm; edited 2 times in total
FICTION
FICTION
The Grammar Nazi

Back to top Go down

Post by Aluraune Sun Jun 20, 2010 5:55 pm

Aluraune couldn't help but smile, taking the blade and returning it to its proper hip, moving slowly so as to avoid the same mistake Asema was trying to avoid. Just for the slightest instant, he wanted to let the blade slip, to watch her hand quickly stain with blood; it was only for an instant. He would not let her win this challenge.

At least, not yet.

"Yes, I suppose we do. Words can attack the mind, and blades can attack whatever won't listen to the words. That does tend to make a fine pair."
Aluraune
Aluraune
Lieutenant

Character Skeleton
Name:

Back to top Go down

Post by FICTION Sun Jun 20, 2010 6:02 pm

Asema tilted her head when she looked at him. He was proving himself to be not only entertaining, but an all right man. She looked away, deeming him finally trustworthy and continued walking.

People didn't always listen to words, but she was quick witted and strong- she could fist fight well enough to get her by.

Last edited by Green Day. on Sun Jun 20, 2010 6:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
FICTION
FICTION
The Grammar Nazi

Back to top Go down

Post by Aluraune Sun Jun 20, 2010 6:09 pm

This encounter had revitalized Aluraune in some way; some way he had direly needed. Not only had he put his hunger in check, but he had also apparently made a good traveling companion. As they walked--he wasn't sure where to, exactly,--Aluraune took a sidelong glance at Asema.

Now that his thoughts were his own again, he couldn't deny that, for one of his own kind, Asema was oddly pleasing to the eye. Most of his kind was grotesque, with sunken eyes and drawn skin. But Asema...well, annoying to his senses as she was, well, she wasn't anything like the others.
Aluraune
Aluraune
Lieutenant

Character Skeleton
Name:

Back to top Go down

Post by FICTION Sun Jun 20, 2010 6:16 pm

Asema, though she could hear every thought about herself from his head, kept quiet. She looked ahead, putting on a charade that wasn't the least bit peculiar. After all, she wanted to know more of what he thought of her.

She was well put together, conservative about her own personal thoughts, but couldn't help but be curious.

Last edited by Green Day. on Sun Jun 20, 2010 6:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
FICTION
FICTION
The Grammar Nazi

Back to top Go down

Post by Aluraune Sun Jun 20, 2010 6:20 pm

Aluraune felt the odd peculiar tingle in the back of his head, and knew then that he had made a mistake.

Of course, she has sharp words, so she has to have a sharp mind.

He felt the fool for letting her read so far into him, but he supposed she would have figured things out eventually.

"Well, what do you think then? I may as well not play games any longer. It is not as if they will do me any good."
Aluraune
Aluraune
Lieutenant

Character Skeleton
Name:

Back to top Go down

Post by FICTION Sun Jun 20, 2010 6:23 pm

"What do I think?" she repeated. She wasn't playing innocent, and knew for a fact that he understood she read, but she didn't understand his question- or rather, didn't understand what he wanted in the answer.
FICTION
FICTION
The Grammar Nazi

Back to top Go down

Post by Aluraune Sun Jun 20, 2010 6:26 pm

Aluraune laughed quietly to himself, knowing things would not be so easy.

"So, maybe I am not the fool I think I am."

He made another attempt at a sidelong glance.

"I mean, what do you think about my thoughts? It isn't normal for our kind to take much of an interest in another one of our own kind; am I still the enigma?"
Aluraune
Aluraune
Lieutenant

Character Skeleton
Name:

Back to top Go down

Post by FICTION Sun Jun 20, 2010 6:34 pm

She chuckled softly, glancing at her nails, then him. She was debating giving a straight answer.

"I never thought you were an enigma. If you want to be completely, realistic, straight forward, you're rather average." Her tone was nothing more than calm. She wouldn't call herself an enigma, but it was something along those lines. She was a rare breed, more full blood than any half blood around and there were a mere few known as full bloods these days.

"But your... infatuation- we'll call it that for lack of a better word- ...with me, is rather odd itself, yes."
FICTION
FICTION
The Grammar Nazi

Back to top Go down

Post by Aluraune Sun Jun 20, 2010 6:40 pm

He laughed aloud at that, his eye catching the bright glint of sunlight over the crown of trees. He supposed his train of thought would have to come to an end for now. After making a low bow, Aluraune spoke again.

"Well, Asema, I suppose this is the end of our little meeting. As strong as I may appear, I have not been here long enough for my tolerance to be high enough. I don't suppose you will wander far enough for me to lose you, at any rate. After all, that scent is fairly strong."

With a parting grin, Aluraune melted back into the trees, the animals once again scattering at his steps.
Aluraune
Aluraune
Lieutenant

Character Skeleton
Name:

Back to top Go down

Post by FICTION Sun Jun 20, 2010 6:48 pm

With a small giggle, perhaps something for him to remember, she smiled and waved once as he darted away. And moments later, found her own place in the shade. She may have been strong, but no vampire could stand the sun full on any longer, except the eldest. She knew, sure he didn't, that they were the same age, and she had no intentions of telling him so- or any of her personal 'life'.

Ever.
FICTION
FICTION
The Grammar Nazi

Back to top Go down

Post by Aluraune Tue Jun 22, 2010 3:14 pm

Aluraune stirred in the dank dwelling, a cave, that he called home. He was afraid it was horridly primitive, but it suited his needs. He liked the companionship he sometimes had with the rogue wolf that would sometimes share his cave. Although most animals ran in fear of him, the wolf, which he had affectionately named Noctem, seemed comfortable in his presence. They shared a bond on a deep level; both hunters, both hunted, and both despised by the others of the land.

Noctem was currently asleep in the back of the cave, and quietly, so as not to disturb his friend, Aluraune exited the cave, out into the forest.
Aluraune
Aluraune
Lieutenant

Character Skeleton
Name:

Back to top Go down

Post by FICTION Tue Jun 22, 2010 3:19 pm

Asema continued along the dirt road. The sun had just gone down and she, up. She figured that Aluraune was smart enough to catch up, even if she was far ahead, she was walking a human speed and it would be easy for him to catch up.

She continued along, skipping with a smile on her face and her eyes closed. She held her fluffy dress, a new black one this time as her feet skidded along the dirt, scuffing her shoes and kicking it up behind her.
FICTION
FICTION
The Grammar Nazi

Back to top Go down

Post by Aluraune Tue Jun 22, 2010 3:23 pm

He immediately caught the familiar scent of Asema and cringed. He again felt his body tense and his mind slip for the briefest moment. He had gone hunting with Noctem just last night, yet animals could only do so much. Humans were scarce in this region, but that had been the point, hadn't it?

Trying to steady himself, Aluraune ghosted quick and quietly through the trees, wordlessly bringing himself to Asema's side, the cross at his neck barely making a sound as he matched pace.
Aluraune
Aluraune
Lieutenant

Character Skeleton
Name:

Back to top Go down

Post by FICTION Tue Jun 22, 2010 3:28 pm

Asema didn't make a sound or any movement that suggested surprise. She wasn't, but even if she was, she wouldn't have said or showed it. "You're a late riser," she told him with a girly smile and turned to look at him as she skipped backwards.
FICTION
FICTION
The Grammar Nazi

Back to top Go down

Post by Aluraune Tue Jun 22, 2010 3:37 pm

Aluraune couldn't help but smile; it was a welcome sensation to hear another sound besides his own voice out here in the wilds.

"Well, as true as that may be, at least I rise at all. Gods know what you were up to out here by yourself. Had breakfast yet?"

He made a toothy grin at his own morbid sense of humor, feeling his stomach knot even as he said it; he was starving.
Aluraune
Aluraune
Lieutenant

Character Skeleton
Name:

Back to top Go down

Post by FICTION Tue Jun 22, 2010 3:44 pm

She chuckled. "I think you like talking to me just a bit too much, Aluraune," she answered simply. She didn't want to feed, she already had, and she slept, but for a few moments and no longer.
FICTION
FICTION
The Grammar Nazi

Back to top Go down

Post by Aluraune Tue Jun 22, 2010 3:47 pm

He gave here a sidelong glance, still perturbed by her tongue, but not as much as when they first met in the forest. As he had told himself, it was a welcome form of annoyance.

"Maybe you just don't like talking enough; stay silent for too long, and that tongue of yours may just grow dull."
Aluraune
Aluraune
Lieutenant

Character Skeleton
Name:

Back to top Go down

Post by FICTION Tue Jun 22, 2010 3:50 pm

She chuckled, a hollow chuckle. She couldn't keep her mind today. Every thought was clouded and her mind wasn't working correctly. She was surprised she was even walking right and was only skipping to keep up a charade of her happiness of yesterday.
FICTION
FICTION
The Grammar Nazi

Back to top Go down

Post by Aluraune Tue Jun 22, 2010 3:55 pm

Aluraune laughed to himself, contemplating tripping her for a sick twist, but deciding against it. Asema didn't seem in her best mood today, and it was best not to make it worse, so he walked on in silence, letting her collect her thoughts.
Aluraune
Aluraune
Lieutenant

Character Skeleton
Name:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Permissions in this forum: