Role Playing Frenzy
Have you logged in yet? If you're new, why not register!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Role Playing Frenzy
Have you logged in yet? If you're new, why not register!
Role Playing Frenzy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cbx

A Century

2 posters

Page 3 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down

A Century - Page 3 Empty Re: A Century

Post by FICTION Tue Jun 22, 2010 3:59 pm

Asema let the feeling of her legs turn still, now pacing beside him in a small walk. Her dress slid down her legs as she continued to walk, but slower than average. She hoped she was hiding it well, at least somewhat. And if not, she could blame him easily.
FICTION
FICTION
The Grammar Nazi

Back to top Go down

Post by Aluraune Tue Jun 22, 2010 4:02 pm

Unable to contain his curiosity, Aluraune spoke softly.

"Something on your mind, Asema?"

Nothing more need be said.
Aluraune
Aluraune
Lieutenant

Character Skeleton
Name:

Back to top Go down

Post by FICTION Tue Jun 22, 2010 4:03 pm

Asema looked over at him, then matched his smile. "Oh, I'm sure. There's loads on my mind."
FICTION
FICTION
The Grammar Nazi

Back to top Go down

Post by Aluraune Tue Jun 22, 2010 4:08 pm

He tilted his head, honestly curious, and continued to pry politely

"Well, as there is only the trees, leaves, and a woodland creature or two, would it hurt to tell me what one of those things may be?"
Aluraune
Aluraune
Lieutenant

Character Skeleton
Name:

Back to top Go down

Post by FICTION Tue Jun 22, 2010 4:10 pm

Asema sighed gently and began to fiddle with her hair. "It's sort of hard to place, just everything in my mind at once." She shrugged.
FICTION
FICTION
The Grammar Nazi

Back to top Go down

Post by Aluraune Tue Jun 22, 2010 4:56 pm

He could sympathize completely with her. The mind was a confusing place to start, but the mind of their kind? It was a place of loneliness, the likes of which the humans who condemned them could not understand.

"Oh, do tell. I have all the time in the world."

He smiled again at the morbidity of his humor, but he knew it was the truth; he might as well try to populate the usual silence with speech.
Aluraune
Aluraune
Lieutenant

Character Skeleton
Name:

Back to top Go down

Post by FICTION Tue Jun 22, 2010 5:00 pm

"I didn't rise," she chuckled, telling him the first thing she was willing. Several things weren't going to be said by her. She had her private thoughts, and they would stay that way.
FICTION
FICTION
The Grammar Nazi

Back to top Go down

Post by Aluraune Tue Jun 22, 2010 5:02 pm

He tilted his head, wondering at her cryptic tone.

"I assume you mean that you don't sleep? None of us do. We just choose how we wish to not be active."
Aluraune
Aluraune
Lieutenant

Character Skeleton
Name:

Back to top Go down

Post by FICTION Tue Jun 22, 2010 5:04 pm

"Mm, what I'm trying to say to you is I don't... rest. I don't take time to stop. I don't need to with the amount I feed," she told him, with another deadly giggle.
FICTION
FICTION
The Grammar Nazi

Back to top Go down

Post by Aluraune Tue Jun 22, 2010 5:07 pm

He shuddered, but he could not tell if it was with revulsion or hunger. Just by the scent he could catch, he was sure she fed just fine.

"So you mean to tell me that you are constantly in motion? All the time?"
Aluraune
Aluraune
Lieutenant

Character Skeleton
Name:

Back to top Go down

Post by FICTION Tue Jun 22, 2010 5:09 pm

She began humming a tune, knowing that he knew the answer perfectly as she moved her head to the cheerful tune she was giving off and her hair bounced around with her head.
FICTION
FICTION
The Grammar Nazi

Back to top Go down

Post by Aluraune Tue Jun 22, 2010 5:18 pm

Although little shocked him, Aluraune had to admit he was surprised. His kind need not sleep, but he had yet met one of his own that did not have a place of sanctuary, some place to call home when the wild failed to act as a shelter. Asema appeared to be an outcast among outcasts.

Something urged him to extend an invitation to his own home; his mortal self would never have allowed a wanderer to remain a wanderer for so long, but the logical side of his mind warned him away from it. There was no telling what he would do in such a small area with such a strong temptation.

After all of his thoughts, the only thing he could muster was a pathetic "Oh."
Aluraune
Aluraune
Lieutenant

Character Skeleton
Name:

Back to top Go down

Post by FICTION Tue Jun 22, 2010 5:23 pm

She smiled as she looked over at him. She wasn't sure if she liked the idea of sharing a cave. The animal probably wouldn't like her- she seemed to have given off a bad aura to animals, but to humans, the males seemed to want her all over.

She chuckled and began licking her bottom teeth. They weren't nearly as sharp as the two at the top.
FICTION
FICTION
The Grammar Nazi

Back to top Go down

Post by Aluraune Tue Jun 22, 2010 5:28 pm

He closed his eyes in silent regret. He had opened his thoughts again, and had, again, been read like a book; the smile on Asema's face was indication enough. Again, he knew that beating around the subject would do no good, so he took the matter in hand.

"Noctem, belief it or not, enjoys the company of our kind. He has shown me nothing but respect; we frequently hunt together, sometimes even take down the same kill. True, he has not encountered another of our kind, but I can sense in him a respect for us. I am sure if you gave the animal a chance..."

He let his thoughts trail off, and for once, did his best to mask his thoughts; they were easy to mask because they were so fragmented. What animal did he think deserved a chance? Was it truly the wolf, or something else, something more...personal?
Aluraune
Aluraune
Lieutenant

Character Skeleton
Name:

Back to top Go down

Post by FICTION Tue Jun 22, 2010 5:31 pm

"He seems to be a friend of yours," she answered and looked down at her glass hard nails. "And I don't get along with animals well. To be honest, I wouldn't hesitate to kill him if it meant my survival."
FICTION
FICTION
The Grammar Nazi

Back to top Go down

Post by Aluraune Tue Jun 22, 2010 5:35 pm

He smiled at that; he had seen Noctem on the prowl, and sure he would do the same.

"Well, if you threaten him, he is wise enough to give you your reign. He is only a wanderer, as you are. The cave is not his home; it is a place to lay. There are periods when he will not show for weeks at a time. I believe he was leaving around the same time I was, which is quite odd for him. It most likely means that he is going on a trip. If there were any time to take advantage of a haven, it would be now, Asema."

If he had had the blood in his veins, he was sure he would have blushed. He sounded positively desperate for Asema to accept his offer. It had been too long since he had had the pleasure of another sentient and intelligent being to share his time with; animals could never speak to him, only stare back at him with the eyes of the slowly dying body; eyes that condemned him for draining them of their vitality.
Aluraune
Aluraune
Lieutenant

Character Skeleton
Name:

Back to top Go down

Post by FICTION Tue Jun 22, 2010 5:39 pm

Asema looked over at him, contemplating it. She could always sleep there, it was a kind offer, but she couldn't help but wonder if she would actually be sleeping or feeding her curiosity with anything else. She hadn't had somewhere nice to sleep in in too long and was, actually, somewhat afraid.

"I suppose if we don't hit it off, I can always go back to the way I was," she said with a very small smile, accepting his offer in a rather indirect way.
FICTION
FICTION
The Grammar Nazi

Back to top Go down

Post by Aluraune Tue Jun 22, 2010 5:43 pm

Aluraune was slightly taken aback; he had been anticipating a quiet walk back, praying to whatever heathen god that loved him that Noctem had decided against leaving and would be there to provide what comfort he could. Giving a polite bow as his thanks--the only indication of happiness he could think of giving--Aluraune motioned back the way they came and began the trip back to his simple home, hardly realizing the vitality that had worked its way into his steps.
Aluraune
Aluraune
Lieutenant

Character Skeleton
Name:

Back to top Go down

Post by FICTION Tue Jun 22, 2010 5:52 pm

She chuckled gently as she stopped, watching him go opposite. "We're going now? Didn't you just wake?" Her head tilted, not bothering with his thoughts at the current moment- she wouldn't mind him 'sleeping' again, for she wanted to know his unguarded thoughts, completely.
FICTION
FICTION
The Grammar Nazi

Back to top Go down

Post by Aluraune Tue Jun 22, 2010 5:55 pm

Suddenly, he realized the vitality in his step had little to do with his joy. He realized what he had done, and felt his stomach knot painfully; he had invited the meal he had been craving into his domain. He wasn't heading home; he was heading into his territory; his hunting ground. He began moving faster.

"I need to feed," he mumbled hastily, trying to keep his eyes trained forward, trusting that she'd follow, not wanting to take the risk of looking back.

He moved faster.
Aluraune
Aluraune
Lieutenant

Character Skeleton
Name:

Back to top Go down

Post by FICTION Tue Jun 22, 2010 5:57 pm

"I'll wait here," she answered simply, crossing her arms over his chest, the lace overlapping beautifully. She thought of making a remark about his horrible control, but settled on another time, perhaps after he fed.
FICTION
FICTION
The Grammar Nazi

Back to top Go down

Post by Aluraune Tue Jun 22, 2010 6:09 pm

Some time later

Aluraune walked back up to Asema, calm now, seemingly clean and controlled. Water dripped from his hands and a corner of his mouth from where he had washed away the blood; he wanted to keep some of his dignity intact.

"I apologize. I do not...do that often."

He met her eyes unflinchingly, feeling that he had made an adequate apology.
Aluraune
Aluraune
Lieutenant

Character Skeleton
Name:

Back to top Go down

Post by FICTION Tue Jun 22, 2010 6:12 pm

"It's fine," she said with a cheerful smile, inspecting her nails. She didn't look up as she added. "But if you try to bring me back to kill me again, I'll kick your @$$."

She glanced up at him, then giggled as she turned. "Come on, then!"
FICTION
FICTION
The Grammar Nazi

Back to top Go down

Post by Aluraune Tue Jun 22, 2010 6:27 pm

He couldn't help but let out a laugh, a foreign sound to his own ears. He found that he was enjoying the sharpness of her words more and more every day.

He followed behind her easily, mumbling. "The intent of bringing you back was nothing of the sort, thank you."
Aluraune
Aluraune
Lieutenant

Character Skeleton
Name:

Back to top Go down

Post by FICTION Tue Jun 22, 2010 6:29 pm

"Sure, sure." She smiled and sighed, closing her eyes as she walked. That sleeping thing didn't sound too bad.
FICTION
FICTION
The Grammar Nazi

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum