Role Playing Frenzy
Have you logged in yet? If you're new, why not register!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Role Playing Frenzy
Have you logged in yet? If you're new, why not register!
Role Playing Frenzy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cbx

Reading

4 posters

Go down

Reading Empty Reading

Post by tony stark Tue Jun 08, 2010 8:02 pm

Best hobby ever in my opinion.

I usually read five novels in a week, but I've had to stop for a few weeks to prepare for my exams XD And I own somewhere around two or three hundred books as it currently stands and have spent over £75 on them so far this year (I buy secondhand because I read them too fast).

Apparently I'm a terrible person though because I don't like books that are classics, Wuthering Heights being the first that comes to mind. I only really read horror, fantasy, sci-fi and the occassional crime book. Favourite author is a wonderful man named Raymond E Feist, though my favourite book is American Psycho yet my favourite book series, without argument has to be Stephen King's Dark Tower (I'd say King was my favourite author but after reading Cell I've been put off him a fair bit). I also read two graphic novels everyweek but alot of people have argued with me that they aren't 'proper' reading.

So yes, talk about reading and all its wonders.
tony stark
tony stark

Back to top Go down

Reading Empty Re: Reading

Post by defying gravity Tue Jun 08, 2010 10:15 pm

I think reading is the best hobby. Though I read books extremely fast. I can read three books in one day which saddens me. Surprisingly enough I can tell every detail in each book. My boyfriend was astonished. I had a testing done in school that showed I read between 850-900 words a minute. An average person reads between 0-50. I was completely and utterly amazed. After the reading they tested me on the material and I passed with a 100%.
defying gravity
defying gravity
Admin

https://www.facebook.com/#!/profile.php?id=865050283

Back to top Go down

Post by tony stark Wed Jun 09, 2010 6:31 am

I used to be terrible when I was in middle school, I remember reading all the Potters and most of the Riftwar my sister owned at the time [I think maybe ten of them] within about a four day period I had off school XD I think thats the most I've pulled off at one time.
tony stark
tony stark

Back to top Go down

Post by Yxita Thu Jul 15, 2010 1:32 am

Wow, now I feel pathetic. The fastest I read a book was when my favourite author brought out a new book. I got it at 9 on a shcool day and finished it at 11 at night, not including the hours of lessons. But that's about it. I feel like a stupidly slow reader now..........

I still have like 100 books at home I haven't read yet. Problem is, my concentration span is seriously small so it has to be a pretty damn good book to keep me reading. Eg. The girl Who Loved Tom Gordon, Kelley Armstrong.

But yet, horror and sci-fi fantasy stuff are my hang up too. I'm making a concsious effort to read mroe classics. I read Clockwork Orange recently. AMAZING!
Yxita
Yxita
General

Back to top Go down

Post by To Sir, With Love Thu Jul 15, 2010 9:15 pm

I use to read constantly, then I went off to college and studies sadly took first place over pleasure reading. Though I managed to read Harry Potter, books 3-7 during my winter break. Don't remember what else I read, just remember doing little except for reading those books the week right after Christmas.

I love reading though even if I can't find the time/attention span to read as much as I use to.

I'm one for most anything, except for some sci-fi and most romance. Classics are a big thing though, especially Austen.
To Sir, With Love
To Sir, With Love

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum