Role Playing Frenzy
Have you logged in yet? If you're new, why not register!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Role Playing Frenzy
Have you logged in yet? If you're new, why not register!
Role Playing Frenzy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cbx

Redwall

2 posters

Go down

Redwall Empty Redwall

Post by tony stark Sun Jun 13, 2010 12:21 am

A long running series of children’s book about wee furry animals by the British author Brain Jacques, off the top of my head, I think there’s around twenty books the titles including; Redwall, Mattimeo, Martin The Warrior, The Legend of Luke, Marlfox, Lord Brocktree, Salamandastron, High Rhulain, Triss, Loamhedge, Eulalia! and Rakkety Tam.

I’m a huge kid for liking them but they’re epic, if not a little repetitive. There’s like two ways to read them, the release order, which begins with Redwall, or the chronological order which begins with Lord Brocktree. I myself prefer the chronological one as Jacques often back tracks to long dead characters and what not.

In terms of the story, each one is usually set at Redwall Abbey or Salamandastron, the latter of which is established before the start of the series as a legendary fortress of Badger Lords and marching hares, known as the Long Patrol. The only stories not to be set at Redwall are Martin The Warrior and Mossflower, both of which chronicle the legendary co-founder of the Abbey, Martin. The Legend of Luke, the final book about this mouse is the first book (when read chronologically) to feature the Abbey in a par-built state. Lord Brocktree is the only novel to be set entirely at Salamandastron. After Martin is chronicled there’s few recurring characters, there’s Matthias (the most famous Redwall character aside from Martin) who features in two of the novels and Mariel who appears in two, aside from that no major characters really lives outside their central story.

The most famous books of the series (Redwall, Mattimeo and Martin the Warrior) were adapted into a cartoon in the nineties. They want to make a feature film but there are issues with the copyrights.

The books, in all, tell a story which spans thousands of years, I’m yet to read the most recent release, The Sable Quean, but intend to when I’m in the mood for furry little animals.

They do sound stupidly childish, and in a way they are. But one or two of them made me sob more than things like The Green Mile or Harry Potter tehe My personal favourite is probably Outcast of Redwall because that one made me cry like a little baby and it was so sweet it's unreal.

But I can be stupidly childish and love these because I’ve been a fan for a whole decade of my life lmfao
tony stark
tony stark

Back to top Go down

Redwall Empty Re: Redwall

Post by Gingerduckii Sun Jun 13, 2010 2:58 am

I've read Redwall!!! and Matteo and possibly the one about Martin though i'm not sure. I haven't picked up any of the others BUT I HAS THE VIDEO OF IT!!!!!!!!!!

oh yeah i'm old school.

It's only a couple of episodes not the whole film but i still put it on and enjoy it.

We'll be big kids together!!!
Gingerduckii
Gingerduckii

Back to top Go down

Post by tony stark Sun Jun 13, 2010 3:01 am

I ripped all the series' of youtube last summer, pieced them together and put them all on DVD lmfao

I felt cool
tony stark
tony stark

Back to top Go down

Post by Gingerduckii Sun Jun 13, 2010 3:14 am

loll!

Awh i wish i had the whole thing onvideo.

Not your fangspangled dvd's =P

Video FTW!
Gingerduckii
Gingerduckii

Back to top Go down

Post by tony stark Sun Jun 13, 2010 3:19 am

I had no choice but to make them seeing as to buy the legit DVDs I needed £300 ._.
tony stark
tony stark

Back to top Go down

Post by Gingerduckii Sun Jun 13, 2010 3:19 am

ouch...

why are they so expensive??

How many dvd's are there?!?!?!
Gingerduckii
Gingerduckii

Back to top Go down

Post by tony stark Sun Jun 13, 2010 3:39 am

Three complete seasons, they only released them the once back in 06 so they're hard to get hold of seeing as so few were made XD
tony stark
tony stark

Back to top Go down

Post by Gingerduckii Sun Jun 13, 2010 3:41 am

ahh i see
Gingerduckii
Gingerduckii

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content